Aunt Flow is Here ?!

Aunt Flow paid me a visit last night!! Say what?? I thought “they said” I wouldn’t get a period while breastfeeding? What’s wrong with this picture?? I was definitely enjoying not having a period. I mean I love my cloth pads and all, but ill have a period for the rest of life. So, to not have one right now was amazing.

This may be too much info for the average person. I’m sorry. Just thought I’d share my excitement. Not. Maybe It will only pay me a visit on some months and not all months. I have no idea seriously. Granted I’ve had some abdominal pain these last past weeks, this now explains why.

Well I guess I’ll be using some new pads I got a few weeks ago. Ill be showing you all my stash very soon. Stay tuned..

How long did it take to get your period after having baby and breastfeeding?

Enhanced by Zemanta
Pin It!

The following two tabs change content below.
Pollyanna is the mama behind SewFatty. Where you'll enjoy reading about her life which entails {God, family, fitness, military, sewing, crafting, cleaning, cooking}. Enjoy, and stay a while.

Comments

1. This always happens to me, Polly! Cycles usually come back at 3-4 months partpartum, even nursing a baby night and day. Any “little” thing can bring the bleeding back: baby sleeping all night one time, using a bottle or pacifier, etc. I haven’t even done any of those things and it still happens! Frustrating……

• Sew Fatty says:

That’s so crazy Anne because just like you said. I’m not doing any or giving him any of that. He is nursed full time. I need to tell this aunt flow.. To leave me alone haha

2. I breastfeed exclusively for the first 12 weeks, but still got my period 4 weeks post partum. NOT FUN!! I noticed my periods were heavier, but the cramps were gone!! So, I decided to be grateful about it that way.

• Sew Fatty says:

Haha. Ill take the “no cramps” normally I would have some horrible cramps this was while using disposables. Not case so far then again only first day but nothing yet.

3. Mine came back both times at 6 months post partum, almost the second I introduced any kind of solid food. I’m jealous of those who don’t get it back for a year or more.

4. Ashley B. says:

My moms came back at 6 weeks postpartum so I wasn’t too surprised when mine came back at 3 months. I do not have a consistent cycle now at all! Last month, I bled on and off for three weeks and babe is still ebf!

• Sew Fatty says:

No way, Ashley I wonder if mine will be consistent or not.. i guess i’ll know soon and update you all.

5. Mine returned at 6 month for both my nurslings (#1 nursed til he was 4.5 years and #2 is still nursing at 2.5 years) neither liked manufactured milk which I was given as samples (each was only ever offered once) and was tried by my OH when I was out and unable to supply EBM.

I know I have only just started to ovulate so the return of Aunt Flo doesn’t mean you can get pregnant but that your body is starting to get u ready for this possibility. I would still use precautions though as not all our bodies work the same.

6. Sew Fatty says:

The Nappy Fairy, thank you so much normally I would be nervous husband got snipped while I was still pregnant so for some reason I am not worrying and if it so happens to be I get pregnant again then it was totally GOD’s work ๐Ÿ™‚ thank you so much for your advice.

7. With son #1 as soon as I stopped breastfeeding at 9 months Aunt Flow arrived. Then, 9 months later, I welcome son #2. Lol. That’s 36 months with only 1 visit. Son #2 is only a month old so I am waiting to see!

8. Bekah Kuczenski says:

Mine came back at 5 months and then it felt like no matter what I did I couldn’t produce any more milk ๐Ÿ™ I’m hoping with my baby due in a few weeks that that doesn’t happen…. Do any of you other moms have supply issues when your period starts?

9. Becky Worthman says:

11 months and counting…sorry mama. Just…um…rejoice in your womanhood? <3

10. Ellen B. says:

I just got my first visit from Aunt Flo as well! ๐Ÿ™ My baby is 9 months, and this is the longest I have gone without getting a visit from her. Which was awesome! Normally she comes calling less than 6 months into BF. I have been wanting to try menstrual cups, and I have been researching them for some time. I finally ordered some. Of course they arrived just after I was done needing them! Oh well, I will look forward to trying them next month!

11. I haven’t gotten my period in over 2 years. Looooooooove it lol

12. 10 months to 18 months has been my range. I’m at 14 1/2 months with this baby.

I love me some comments, speak your mind.