Mothers Milk can take up to 4 weeks to come in. My milk came in 4 days after having little Edward. I took the advice of other moms and would latch him every chance I got. I also would pump when I didnt have him lactched. Much to my surprise, it helped and I seen milk in the bottle while pumping, I literally started crying, of happiness. As soon as I seen that, I let a few days go by to see how much milk I would produce on my own. It was good but I noticed that he still acted like he wanted more.
So I went to my freezer and ate some Making Mamas Milk lactating cookies to ensure I was giving little Edward enough milk. I know many of us have a problem producing enough milk, and may not have the extra money to purchase these super delish cookies. So here is my version of lactating cookies I bring to you SewLicious . I hope you love them as much as I do. Be sure to Rate this recipe and if possible post some pictures of your cookies.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar (I used organic cane sugar )
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour (I used whole wheat flower )
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used the mini chips)
- 2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast (I used 4)
- *Additionally I added
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (be sure to crush walnuts if they are whole)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, mix well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and mix.
- Stir in oats a little bit at a time.
- Add chocolate chips, raisins, coconut, and walnuts.
- Scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let them sit for a couple minutes on the cooling rack.
- That's it Enjoy ! Mamas.
- You can also add fenugreek to boost your supply even more.
- * I recommend eating 1-2 cookies a day and making sure you are drinking plenty of water.
Have you had some of these amazing cookies?
What do you eat to boost your Milk Supply?