Mothers Milk can take up to 4 weeks to come in. My milk came in 4 days after having little Edward. I took the advice of other moms and would latch him every chance I got. I also would pump when I didnt have him lactched. Much to my surprise, it helped and I seen milk in the bottle while pumping, I literally started crying, of happiness. As soon as I seen that, I let a few days go by to see how much milk I would produce on my own. It was good but I noticed that he still acted like he wanted more.
So I went to my freezer and ate some Making Mamas Milk lactating cookies to ensure I was giving little Edward enough milk. I know many of us have a problem producing enough milk, and may not have the extra money to purchase these super delish cookies. So here is my version of lactating cookies I bring to you SewLicious . I hope you love them as much as I do. Be sure to Rate this recipe and if possible post some pictures of your cookies.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar (I used organic cane sugar )
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour (I used whole wheat flower )
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used the mini chips)
- 2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast (I used 4)
- *Additionally I added
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (be sure to crush walnuts if they are whole)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, mix well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and mix.
- Stir in oats a little bit at a time.
- Add chocolate chips, raisins, coconut, and walnuts.
- Scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let them sit for a couple minutes on the cooling rack.
- That's it Enjoy ! Mamas.
- You can also add fenugreek to boost your supply even more.
- * I recommend eating 1-2 cookies a day and making sure you are drinking plenty of water.
Have you had some of these amazing cookies?
What do you eat to boost your Milk Supply?
Latest posts by Pollyanna (see all)
- Pink Lemonade Shop’s Love the SKIN You’re In #Selfcare Giveaway! - February 1, 2017
- Stonyfield Whole Milk Smoothies - January 20, 2017
- Pay it Forward. - December 12, 2016