Living a green life, is important to our family. We try to teach our kids the importance of preserving the earth. We are not perfect and I’m sure there are other ways to be green, but here are some ways we the Valenzuela’s try to be Green.
1. Cloth Diapers: our boys are cloth diapered, we avoid using disposable diapers, they just add more waste to our landfills. With cloth diapers we just keep on reusing them, they are better for our babies, the environment and money saver.
2. Lights Off : I remember my dad always telling us to “turn off the lights if you’re not using them”. So since forever, I’ve always had that instilled in me. Funny thing is, even when I’m not in my own home, and visiting a friend, my parents home. I still tend to turn off people’s lights. 🙂 So we teach our kids the same, its such an important thing to teach them.
3. Reusable Napkins : we DO NOT buy paper hand towels. We think of it as a waste of money, and more waste added to our landfills. So we choose to not buy them and we use cloth napkins, our kids are so used to it, that it doesn’t phase them to not have paper towels.
4. Lead by example : our kids do everything we do. So be a good example to them, and they will follow.
New Leaf Energy believes that we should all make a positive impact to the environment and that you don’t have to completely change your life in order to do so. That’s why we’re dedicated to bringing 100% renewable energy to Texans, along with a wealth of helpful and practical green living tips.
New Leaf Energy is planting one tree for every new Facebook “like”! Head over there now: (New Leaf Energy Facebook page) Planting trees is a great way to help teach your children to go green! It’s easy, eventful, and memorable!
How do you teach your kids to go green? Share your tips!
This post is sponsored by Direct Energy, but my support for their green efforts is all my own!
Latest posts by Pollyanna (see all)
- Pink Lemonade Shop’s Love the SKIN You’re In #Selfcare Giveaway! - February 1, 2017
- Stonyfield Whole Milk Smoothies - January 20, 2017
- Pay it Forward. - December 12, 2016