Eating Healthy !

As many of you may know i’ve been on fitness journey for a bit now. It hasn’t been consistent, there has been some ups and downs. However, i’ve realized that living a healthy and fit life is just the way to be. I feel energized and just full of life when i’m on the right path – meaning i’m eating healthy and working out daily. Many have asked, where do you get the motivation from. I simply answer my kids my husband my life. I want to be able to enjoy life with them, I never want my health to be an issue to why I can’t have fun and enjoy life with them. I understand that life happens, but getting back and up and bettering yourself is such an amazing feeling. You deserve to feel good about your self and life. 

I follow a IIFYM (if it fits your macros) diet. It’s such an amazing diet to follow. Many think that while on this diet, you eat bunch of bad food but you don’t. It’s just a matter of eating 85% clean healthy food and the other 15% whatever you may crave. That way you never have to have “cheat days” and simply because on those days people tend to go all out and make it a cheat weekend or what have you and then, there goes all your hard work that you had just put in the week before. Having a IIFYM allows you to have a healthy lifestyle yet also, being able to eat what you want with moderation. As long as it fits your MACROS which are Carbs, Fats, Proteins then you’re good. Having this diet allows you to see what all you intake. Checking nutritional facts and really knowing what you’re consuming is very important in this diet. You would be tracking all your food intake, literally everything. Which sometimes can be a bit time consuming but so well worth it. I lost 13 lbs while on this diet before my hubby coming home from deployment. I swear by it and it’s a no guilt diet.  

I found Food Facts which is a website that shows you exactly what’s in your food. It’s a easy app on your phone or you can use the web to inform yourself. love this app. I totally recommend it. 

I challenge you to take the healthy lifestyle, I promise you will feel so much better about yourself. Again, that doesnt mean that you’ll never go out to eat. NO. You gotta live life, i’m all for that. Just choosing to be a healthier you. You can do it. 

Pin It!

The following two tabs change content below.
Pollyanna is the mama behind SewFatty. Where you'll enjoy reading about her life which entails {God, family, fitness, military, sewing, crafting, cleaning, cooking}. Enjoy, and stay a while.

I love me some comments, speak your mind.