Figs are some of my favorite fruits. Like of all time. Growing up my mom loved having her fruit garden, fig tree was one. I remember going to our backyard and picking figs and eating them there. As an adult, i’ve learned that figs are super healthy. They help you lower high blood pressure, loose weight, cereal fiber protective against postmenopausal breast cancer, to name a few.
Then Isaiah said, “Make an ointment from figs.” So Hezekiah’s servants spread the ointment over the boil, and Hezekiah recovered. – 2 Kings 20:7
How amazing is God ? He gives us fruit to heal our bodies.
- 2 cups of dried figs
- 4-5 Strawberries
- 1 Juice from Orange
- 1/2 Juice from lemon
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- - brake your cinnamon stick in half and boil in 5 cups of water until it gets a brownish color. Meanwhile chop your figs and strawberries into small pieces.
- - once you have all your fruit and cinnamon water ready to go. carefully.
- - get 3 cups of your cinnamon water pour into pot, bring it to a boil and pour your fruit.
- let it cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- - lower the heat and let it cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- - carefully add your fruit to your vitamin/food processor till smooth.
- - add your paste back to your pot and add 1 cup of cinnamon water, lemon juice, orange juice, sugar.
- - cook your jam mix over low heat until it thickens and reaches the right consistency.
- - pour into an air tight container. (I used mason jars)
- - slowly add your sugar, taste it as you go.
- - I use mason jars for my containers so I let the jam sit for 30 mins ( room temperature). Once that was done, I closed it tight and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours I then placed it in the freezer and is now frozen and ready to go whenever I need it. Mean while i'll be eating from my other jar that was placed in fridge after it sat out for 30 mins.