My husband and I have been trying to ‘eat clean’. I am a sweet bread, dessert lover, kinda girl. This year though, Thanksgiving will be all about healthier choices. Since we are a banana loving family, we always tend to have banana bread in all holiday menu’s. While searching for healthy banana bread recipes, I didn’t really find what I was looking for, so instead I used the basic info and tweaked it to my likings.
- 2 1/2 Cups - Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda
- 2 TBSP - Ground Flax Seed
- 1 Cup - Stonyfield Plain LowFat Yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup - Raw Honey
- 1 tsp - Vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- **handful of smashed walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Spray pan with olive oil spray. ( my pan actually didn't need anything)
- 3. Place your oats in the blender (food processor) until it becomes into powder.
- 4. Add remaining ingredients to the blender (food processor).
- 5. Pour and bake for 40-45 mins.
- 6. Enjoy !!
- ** Let your bread cool on cooling rack, once its at room temperature be sure to store in an air tight container or zip lock bag and refrigerate to keep fresh. Once your ready to eat a piece be sure to warm it up, taste amazing warm.
Do you use Yogurt instead?? for recipes ?