It feels like just a few months ago, I was having my little Edward. He is now, 20 months old yet it feels so fresh in my mind still. He was my happy surprise baby, we were not trying at all to get pregnant. God already knew what he had in store for us. Super excited, we were to add another baby to our little family. I just wasn’t sure, how my life would be with my little Ashton and Edward together they are 16 months apart. Was I going to catch a break? Was I going to get enough sleep? All these questions would run through my head. Three kids later, and i’m still learning as I go. However, I do have some tips to share with you.
1. DONT try to be Super Woman/Dad – We are parents and we want to do it all, (Clean, laundry, cook, shower, bake cookies) God gave us that will, but you will burn yourself out and not be happy. (Trust, I’ve done it). Take it one day at time. If you see that your dishes are piling up, don’t sweat it. As long as you’re still able to walk in there, you should be fine. lol 🙂 in all honesty though chorus are never-ending.
2. Sleep when baby Sleeps – The nurses at the hospital and my mother would tell me this. I of course, didn’t listen and like I said in tip 1. You will burn yourself. Your baby needs you to be 100% as well as your spouse. Have you all ever heard of that saying? “If mama ain’t happy ain’t nobody happy”? I live by that moto, its so true. So rest, please rest. You need it.
3. Help Please – Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Whether its a close friend coming over to do your laundry or you’re needing to take a quick shower and need to call your mother-in-law over. Don’t feel bad for asking or getting help. More then likely they know how you are feeling without you saying anything. So, just embrace it and take advantage of it.
4. Baby Necessities – Having the right baby essentials is key. I tried so many bottles, before finding the right one. Tommee Tippee bottles are, our go to bottles and sippys. If you’re breastfeeding then you may love their breast pump, or if bottle feeding you for sure will love their “Baby Keurig and Bottles“. The baby keurig is pretty amazing for first time parents, it makes baby bottles for you, you really can’t screw it up. Bottles are small and easy to hold, and have a soft nipple. Overall making them the best bottle to date for us.
5. Enjoy the moments – “The days are long but the years are short” enjoy every single moment with them. Cherish these moments for once they are older, they will be gone doing their own thing. So enjoy them. Don’t sweat the small stuff.